Sunday 5 January 2014

J2 Reaches the Age of Majority

It was a mere 365 days ago that my first born was no longer a teenager. Today he is considered the age of majority everywhere. in. the. world.  What is even scarier…I HAVE A TWENTY-ONE YEAR OLD SON!!!

I was looking through some old photos (yes…J2 was born in the pre-digital days) and sat weeping softly in the corner reminiscing about the past 21 years. As you can see I have become a little obsessed with PicMonkey. 



From an early age J2 wanted to follow in his big brother’s footsteps. 

 

I was trying to come up with something sentimental yet not tooo sappy...after all we are talking about a 21 year old young man. What better way than through a song and as luck would have it I found these lyrics from the third verse of the number one song on BillBoard Magazine’s Top 100 songs of 1993:

I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you've dreamed of
And I wish you joy and happiness
But above all this I wish you love.

Happy 21st Birthday J2!!! 
I <3 you!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    wow.... I have not even hit the teen years yet. I will be well retired before mine hit age 21. (wait...I think it is 19 here in Canada. that's our legal drinking age, so I will assume it is also the age of majority.)
    Still.... I'll be old :(
    Great song choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm old and have been for quite some time. :( It is 19 here in Canada but in the States it is 21 and J2 has been dying to go to one of his mother's favourite places. ;P

      Delete