Our hostess Stasha suggested this week’s Listicles topic “10 Things Spring”. Since today started the second (and thankfully final week) of Riley’s spring break what better way to recap the highlights so far than with a Monday Listicles. So without further ado...10 Springbreak Highlights in Riley World:
|Image from MorgueFile|
1. No school for 11 days (weekends excluded; Easter included).
2. Usually reserved for weekends only, R slept on the hide-a-bed downstairs. Hey…he thinks this is a treat and I did put memory foam on top of the mattress to keep the springs from jabbing into him cuz I am an awesome autism mom.
3. No school.
4. R slept in. 99% of the time he springs out of bed at 6:55 am on.the.dot for school. No alarm required. This past week he slept in until 7:03 am give or take a second or two. :)
5. No school.
6. R had “lunch at home” every day…a bonus in Riley World. With R’s limited diet he usually cooks his lunch (wieners or perogies) at school. Last week he got to have…wait for it…wieners or perogies at home. G or I cooked them so I guess there was that.
7. No school.
8. R had 2 pops (1-C-Plus Orange and 1-Sprite) almost every day. Holidays are like weekends in Riley World…well that was how he justified it. At almost 19, I guess I should consider myself lucky it was not 2 beers almost every day. Some definite plusses to Riley World.
9. No school.
10. AND…the absolute BEST thing about spring break in Riley World…drum roll please…NO SCHOOL!
Something tells me he will not be exactly excited to see this on the board when he goes back.
|Image from FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
What do you look forward to in the Spring?