Friday 19 April 2013

Create a Poem: The Sequel

Yesterday I got this email from a girlfriend:

I was so inspired by R’s poem, I tried it myself.  I limited my time to 2 minutes so that I couldn’t think too much.  I like it.

Here is my poem:

I used to ... worry a lot
But now I ... don't give a ...
I always ... look forward to happy hour
But I never ... have just one glass of wine
I once ... thought that B would never be able to take care of himself
But now I ... am astounded by his independence
If I could ... retire tomorrow
I would ... walk in the forest every day with dogs
I never ... forget how lucky I am to have so many friends
But I might ... hide at home with a bottle of wine and watch SNL reruns
I can’t ... eat cucumber
But I can ... bring a salad and eat that
I won’t ... give up
But I might ... have a nap
I used to ... worry a lot
But now I ... don't give a ...

I would love to see what you come up with!


Well I liked hers so much that I decided to take her up on it and I gave it a go. I must confess that it took me a little longer than 2 minutes but I tried to write down the first things that popped into my head and went from there. Here is what I came up with:

I used to…care too much about what other people thought
But now I…know it doesn’t matter as much.
I always…enjoy 5 o’clock somewhere
But I never…drink alone (Riley’s always here so that counts right???)
I once…jumped out of a plane
But now I… would NOT!! I’m much smarter now.
If I could…wear sleeveless/tank tops
I would…be much cooler in summer.
I never…say never
But I might…say you never know until you try.
I can’t…take a compliment
But I can…take a joke.
I won’t…give up
But I might…take an extra loooong vacation.
I used to…care
But now I…have given up.  :D

That was actually pretty fun. I think you should give it a try too!

I would love for you to leave your poem in the comments. Don’t be shy. Would it help if I said please?  Pahhleeeeeezz!!!  

Have a great weekend!


*UPDATE:  To make it easier for you to create your own poem...here are the starters. You're welcome!

I used to…
But now I…
I always…
But I never…
I once…
But now I…
If I could…
I would…
I never…
But I might…
I can’t…
But I can…
I won’t…
But I might…
I used to…
But now I…


11 comments:

  1. *tap tap tap* I'm waaaaaiting...

    Surely SOMEBODY has given this a try!?! You came to look didn't ya??? Oh snap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to… have many friends
    But now I… have few
    I always… am the one to listen and given advice
    But I never… open up and share my own feelings
    I once… drove cross country solo with 2 kids in diapers and a cat (twice)
    But now I… prefer driving my lawnmower
    If I could… spend a weekend alone with my husband
    I would… go mountain biking with him
    I never… ever ever ever ever swim in oceans/lakes
    But I might… go in up to my knees
    I can’t… sew :(
    But I can… maintain 2 acres of property all on my own
    I won’t… let my guard down
    But I might… open the gates once in a while
    I used to… trust people
    But now I… know better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't sew or maintain 2 acres of property but I would like to drive your lawnmower some day.

      This here is why I <3 you Rhonda!!! That you would even want to spend a weekend alone with your husband...you are my hero! ;P


      Delete
    2. hahahaaa I <3 you too!!! Maybe the only reason I want to spend a weekend alone with him is because we HAVEN'T since.... 1997! .lol

      You can come drive the lawnmower ANYTIME!! It's a bit scary to go down to the end of the property though. You ALWAYS end up having to go to the bathroom and SPEEDING at 5mph to the house BUMPING over the grass.. Yeah, the words "mom, did you pee your pants again" coming from Brianna.. happens about every weekend lol

      Delete
    3. As long as Brianna's words are AFTER you have been out mowing the lawn you're ok. Otherwise Houston...we have a problem. :D

      Delete
  3. I used to… exercise
    But now I… eat chocolate.
    I always… eat chocolate,
    But I never…exercise.
    I once…exercised,
    But now I… eat chocolate.
    If I could… eat chocolate and not get fat,
    I would… be awesome.
    I never… exercise,
    But I might… eat chocolate.
    I can’t… touch my toes,
    But I can… eat chocolate.
    I won’t… go to the gym,
    But I might… eat chocolate.
    I used to… be blue,
    But now I… eat chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niiiiice Bec!!! You obviously wrote this with me in mind??? :)

      Delete
    2. I used to… do stuff, but I can't remember what anymore.
      But now I… dream of that stuff. (Wish I could remember it.)
      I always… laugh when I visit Diane's blog.
      But I never… have enough time to thank her for her awesome posts.
      I once… would have had an answer to this poem that was brilliant.
      But now I… barely can say the word poem.
      If I could… remember the cool stuff I used to do.
      I would… perhaps do it again.
      I never…
      But I might…
      I can’t…
      But I can…
      I won’t…
      But I might…
      I used to…
      But now I…

      Delete
    3. I used to do cool stuff too...I think?!?!? You make me laugh too friend! :D

      Delete