Stasha has once again picked a real doozy of a topic for this week’s Monday Listicles. “10 Sounds that Drive You Bonkers”. I had
to control the urge to turn this into a husband-bashing rant a
really hard time coming up with things that bothered me. The benefits of being
at peace with myself I guess. ;P
London 2012 started this past Friday. So in the spirit of the Olympic Games, I promise to take part in these Monday Listicles, respecting and abiding Stasha’s rules, with wine and laughter, in the true spirit of blogging, for the glory of writing and the honour of our readers.
1. It starts out very slowly and of course in the middle of the night. Gradually it increases. Sporadic blips during the day until finally I am standing under “it”… staring… wondering… waiting… willing “it” to make THAT noise. You know…THAT NOISE…the one that “it” makes when the battery is running low.
3. The random, high-pitched, buzzing/tweeting/chirping sound which I eventually locate coming from the bowels of our teenage son’s “man cave” but am too afraid to enter lest I pass out from the fumes of teenage manhood.
4. Normally I am grateful for the automated reminder that I am doing laundry. However the intermittent buzzing is most annoying if I happen to be
nodding off ...ahem...resting my eyes.
5. I am not a good sleeper. I have trouble going to sleep, staying asleep and waking up from sleep. Mosquitoes buzzing around my head when I on the brink of dreamland brings out my inner ninja. Covers are off, lights are on and I am bouncing on the bed ready to annihilate the blood-sucking, disease-transmitting gnats with my ummm slipper cuz you know… I am absolutely terrified of bugs.
6. Air Horns. I may be mistaken but I believe air horns were initially designed for semi-trailer trucks or as a signalling device for boats. You...yes YOU at the sporting event with the team jersey, face painted and three sheets to the wind…I am too old to learn how to read lips thank you very much.
7. Dear fellow slot machine players. Slapping the buttons or hitting them in a certain sequence at lightning speed will NOT make the machine pay out so please, PLEEEZZE stop!
8. Once we hit our 20th Anniversary let’s just say there were certain sounds that I no longer considered cute, funny, or endearing but rather irritating, boring and downright annoying. For example…breathing. I will even admit there has probably been the odd time that G has thought the same thing. Naaaaahhhhh.
9. One word…kazoos.
10. Last but certainly not least...I used to love hearing those four little words “I love you mommy” from the boys when they were little. Now I cringe and want to run off screaming in the opposite direction at the four words that come out of J2’s mouth these days… “What’s for dinner tonight?” AUGH!!!!!