Saturday 1 December 2012

Helloooo December!

I can’t believe it has been almost 2 weeks since my last post!  Were you worried???


December has finally arrived which means Christmas in Riley World. Oh joy. Nothing has changed in the patience department for Riley since last year. We STILL get to hear over…and over…AND OVER that it is December and he is waiting patiently for Christmas.

For those new to our adventures it goes something like this:

It’s December. Is it Christmas?  Waits for a response from someone…"No not yet”.  I need to wait patiently.

What do I want for Christmas?  No response necessary as he rattles off his list of desired DVD’s.

I need to wait patiently.  What do I need to wait?  Slight pause but no response required.  Patiently.

It’s not Christmas yet.  Followed immediately by…  Is it Christmas yet?  Not yet.

When is Christmas?  Christmas is in December.  A response is required here so R waits for someone to ask “When is Christmas?”   December 25th.

What do I want to open on December 25th?  Puurrresents.


Pretty sure I will be out looking for some noise-cancelling headphones for MYSELF this weekend and the Magic of Christmas...well that hasn't changed much since last year either.  *sigh*

24. MORE. DAYS.......


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That is very true Stacie. The spirit of Christmas is still going strong in Riley World. Would earplugs be less obvious. :D

      Delete
  2. Im putting my tree up today. *sigh* Last night Tommy started the:
    (while sobbing)
    "I so saaaad!! I so so saaaddd!" which is the first step into hell. This time tomorrow, im sure we'll both be under the tree crying because the anticipation is just too much lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww...that makes me so so saaadddd too...only for you. *sigh* We really should be neighbours. :D

      Delete