This week’s topic “10 Reasons I am Great” was suggested by “Bonny” who blogs over at The Bonny Bard. I am sure many of you are thinking this would be a snap for me. Right? Ummm…haaallooo??
Well like Stasha, I was in a panic. My very first Listicles topic was “My 10 Superpowers” which
I pretty much nailed I mean…where I shared my not-so-hidden
talents. That’s better. Having to come up with even more ways that I am great
was a little too much for this old brain.
Since I have been *ahem* neglecting my blog a little lately, I have decided to kill two topics with one post and go with 10 Reasons I am an Awesome Autism Mom! *patting myself on the back*
1. I still cut the crusts off Riley’s sandwiches and cut them into quarters. Yes I know he is 18. Need I remind you any visible signs of brown are unacceptable and will result in that quarter or likely the entire sandwich being tossed in the garbage.
3. The first time Riley lied to me I was so excited and wanted to high five him! Did I mention he was around 12? OK slight exaggeration but not too far off. R is brutally honest and the idea of intentionally lying in Riley World well...does not really exist.
5. I shop at multiple grocery stores because R only likes certain brands of food.
6. I sit in the backseat so Riley can ride shotgun.
7. “If it’s not too late you will call me?” Whenever I go out Riley likes me to call him on my way home and pick him up McD’s (medium fries in a small brown bag and small sprite with no ice please). The reception when I get home is SO worth the $4.35 every. single. time.
8. I am constantly offering to buy Riley things because, until recently, he NEVER asked for anything…EVER. I would even buy the same DVDs over and over and over again as gifts because that was all R wanted/asked for. You’re welcome Disney.
9. I am a short order cook and make R a separate dinner pretty much every night. Thankfully he only has about 3 items on his “menu”.
10. I am only an awesome autism mom because I have practiced the same things over and over AND over again! Need I say more. Oish.
Could you say no to this face???