Fictional = FAKE!!!
Yes…that is what I had at the top of my list this week as a reminder. I admit it. My book club will confirm it. Even after 14 years in a book club, I still have trouble remembering that fiction means NOT real. I get that fictional characters are not real but for some reason I have a mental block when it comes to non-fiction and fiction books. Let me explain. For some reason, in my mind, I relate the word fiction to “fact” and non-fiction would therefore be “not true”. Think about it. Normally anything with a prefix of “non” equates to something not-whatever. Right???
Oi-vay. I know...enough already! Let’s move on shall we? This week Anja who blogs over at Cocalores picked this week’s Monday Listicles topic…actually 2 topics which Stasha is letting us pick between. “10 Things James Bond or any Secret Agent” OR “10 Fictional Facts About Me" (One must be true and you must guess which one)”.
So although I am still not sure if I got this quite right…here is my list of 10 - only one is TRUE.
1. I prefer water to alcohol…especially wine.
2. I prefer exercise to sitting around having coffee at Starbucks with friends.
3. I prefer camping to five-star, concrete, lavish hotels with running water and flushies.
4. I prefer cleaning the house myself as opposed to having someone else do it.
5. I prefer to go to a nightclub over spending an evening in with friends.
6. I prefer grocery shopping to clothes shopping.
7. I prefer spam to filet mignon.
8. I prefer 1 ply to higher ply paper products.
9. I prefer a colonoscopy to a mammogram.
Can you guess which one is TRUE???