This past weekend we celebrated Thanksgiving here in Canada. We stuffed ourselves with turkey and all the trimmings on Sunday night which meant a very lazy day for me on Monday. I remember reading/hearing that eating turkey makes you sleepy. According to this article it is not the turkey’s fault…“it’s a combination of the type of food, amount of food, and celebratory atmosphere”. Drats!
I am going to put a Canadian Thanksgiving spin on Stasha’s topic for this week’s Monday Listicles “10 Compliments” and go with “10 Things I am Thankful for”.
1. Riley who has taught me to be a more patient and empathetic person; to take things one day at a time and most of all to have a sense of humour even when I don’t feel like it.
2. J2 who has taught me that I am not the patient or empathetic person that I had hoped I would be; everything happens at once and most of all if I can’t laugh at myself…I sure as heck can laugh
at with him.
3. J1 for being such a great role model except when it comes to electronics and guitars. I will leave it at that.
4. G who keeps me company every waking hour of every day. Every hour. Every day. Every. Single. Solitary. Hour. of Every. Day.
5. My mom for letting me practice using my good listening ears when I call her to check-in.
6. My sister for being such a good sport especially after her husband and I indulge in copious amounts of alcohol at family get-togethers.
7. All my extended family who makes family reunions something to look forward to even though we all know about the “3 Day Rule” thanks to UG.
8. Riley’s army of supporters who have always been there and kept us motivated and moving forward. A little faster would have been nice…just sayin’.
9. My friends who keep me in line (mostly at the liquor store) and insist on proving over and over that laughter IS the best medicine.
10. And finally Stasha for Monday Listicles. Such a great way to start my week off! Remember to pop over and check out what everybody else thought of.
I am truly thankful for all I have. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Ladies, please remember to go get your annual mammograms. I am going tomorrow. Sure I only have one boob to do but it hurts twice as much when you don’t have much. *wink*