Thursday 26 July 2012

Why CAN'T He Keep his Wisdom Teeth???

A week today Riley is scheduled to have his wisdom teeth extracted! YIKES! Actually that is putting it mildly.  I am starting to panic. Thankfully the procedure will be done under general anaesthetic. I am hoping there will be some type of sedation for me as well.  ;P

Now over the years Riley has come a long way since his first visit to the dentist. We had a consultation with the dental surgeon a month or so ago and R sat in the chair looking almost comfortable. Pretty sure after our next appointment he won’t be looking forward to any future visits there!

It is not so much the procedure that I am getting nervous about at this point. Riley has been put under for dental work before. Oh I just want to mention the last time R was sedated for a medical procedure about a year ago, when he came out of it...uhhhh...let’s just say there were a number of "colourful" words spewing from his mouth in, of course, his "outside" voice.  Oish.  It is the post-op/recovery days that are freaking me out. It is the part where he has to ice his face, gargle and rinse to prevent infection and hoping…no...praying he won’t gnaw at the stitches in his mouth. I need to stop now as I am starting to hyperventilate. 

So in preparation I will be phoning ahead to our local “beverage” store to place my order for certain necessities to get me through next weekend. Until then…I will be in my cave cowering in the corner. 

Wish us luck!  D 

10 comments:

  1. Stocking up on adult beverages is good thinking! But I really hope the procedure and recovery goes well. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I've got EVERYTHING crossed too! HA!

      Hope I don't end up with tooooo bad of a headache after the weekend. ;P

      Delete
  2. You sure do have a gift with words...
    OMG...yes, good luck to you both!
    I feel for you, this is never easy in the best circumstances, hopefully Riley will be one of the lucky ones...for your sake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so for MY sake too! Baaahaaa! =D

      Delete
  3. Eewwwww... not looking good in Riley Land, is it? Good luck! I hope it turns out better than you expect.

    In case it DOESN'T turn out better than you expect, here's my special Grape Lush Martini recipe, which will surely save the day for you. (You do have other adults that come supervise you and R, right? Otherwise, forget this recipe! hehehe)

    Grape Lush:

    1.5 oz Grey Goose vodka
    1.5 oz white grape juice
    1 slice pickled ginger (like is served with sushi)

    Put the above ingredients together over ice, shake the hell out of it, and strain into a martini glass. Serve it with frozen grapes in the bottom of the glass.

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To heck with waiting for the teeth...I'm gonna try this NOW!!! =D

      Drats...no white grape juice or ginger. Guess I'll just to to improvise with the Grey Goose. LOL!

      Thanks for the remedy...I mean recipe! Di

      Delete
  4. I'll be thinking of you both! I STILL remember having mine extracted 25 freaking years ago! Pay attention when they talk to you about dry sockets...they are VERY PAINFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember getting mine out back in the days when they used ether to knock you out! Haaahaaa!

      Thanks for the heads up Robbie. I will be sure to pay attention! :)

      D

      Delete
  5. Holy crap!!! I really really really hope it goes well!!! Crap, I remember having mine done long ago.. and the agony after. POOR R!! Poor YOU! lol OY! Best of luck to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. POOR ME!!!!!! :D

      What worries me the most is R's threshold for pain....waaay up there. As long as we can get through the first couple of days without infection I think we'll be good. Right??? Ha!

      Delete