The Liebster is not so much an award as it is a shout-out or mention that acknowledges and supports up and coming or new bloggers who have 200 followers or less. The old double thumbs up so-to-speak.
Thanks SO much to Christina over at “Riding the Crazy Train: Diary of a Delirious Mom” for being the
first second person
to recognize my sharp wit, keen insights and ummm lack of followers. *wink*
OK so maybe she was just being kind and tagging me back for giving her the Fabulous Blog Ribbon. No…no…I am pretty sure that was not the case. In fact she tagged me not just once but twice. Yup. TWICE people!!! She must like me. She must really REALLY like me! Are you picturing Sally Field about now?? What can I say…I’m excited!
So here’s the deal with the Liebster:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself
2. Choose 11 deserving bloggers and tag them in your post
3. Tell them you’ve tagged them
4. Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you, and give 11 questions to the people you tagged
5. NO tag backs.
I want to say that I am a rule follower by nature. However at this point in my life I am also extremely forgetful and painfully slow. I am feeling very guilty for not responding to this shout-out sooner. I no longer feel worthy of the Liebster. Wait a minute…who am I kidding?!? If you read my last post you would know I am just being melodramatic. But in the interest of getting myself moving I am going to shorten my list by a “few”. Please forgive me Christina.
Before you get started I suggest you go to the bathroom, grab a few snacks or preferably a meal, and if it’s after 4pm, a glass of wine to help you get through this epic post.
Random Facts About Me:
1. I am a bit of a dare devil. I have jumped out of a plane, river rafted and most recently cliff-jumped. OK so it was only about 20 feet…hey it scared the crap out of me.
2. I have always wanted to be a bartender or a dealer at a Las Vegas casino. Gee I wonder why?!?
3. I play my Nintendo DS every night before I go to sleep.
4. I am an extremely patient person although I am not sure how much longer I will wait for you George (as in Clooney).
5. Did I ever mention I like wine???
6. Aaaaaand…that’s all I got.
Questions from Christina and my answers:
1. What is your “secret stash” that you hide from your kids or spouse? (eg. Dark chocolate)
Hmmmmm…can’t think of anything specific. Guess I would have to go with some type of sweet treat too.
2. What are your feelings on the “5-Second Rule”?
If it’s at home and as long as nobody sees it drop…5-seconds, 5-minutes…pshaww. Thinking that should pretty much deter future dinner guests.
3. What is the best compliment you have ever received from one of your blog followers?
4. What pushes your crazy-psycho button?
Where do I begin? If I had to pick just one I am going to remain neutral and go with bugs of any kind. This also includes spiders, worms, anything that is creepy crawly. I am sure that is not what Christina meant by crazy-psycho but come on...I would have to be crazy-psycho to answer honestly.
5. Who inspires you the most on your life journey?
Wow…this is a tough one. I suppose this has changed over the years so I don't think I can narrow it down to just one person.
6. What gets you through the day most often: coffee, wine, or your sense of humour?
Definitely sense of humour. Surprised? Bet everybody thought I was going to say wine. Am I right??? So as not to disappoint…wine and more wine is a very close second.
7. What’s your number one travelling tip?
Passport and credit card. Anything else can be bought unless of course you are heading into the wilderness in which case I would have absolutely no idea what to take. Oh and if you wear contacts, definitely those.
8. If you weren’t doing what you’re doing today career-wise, what other life/career path would you be on?
These days I
hardly work am semi-retired do contract work on occasion and I’m OK with
9. What are your goals for blogging?
I started blogging because my sister made me (mostly true…tee hee). Seriously now that we are past all the craziness that autism can bring during those early years; can take a step back; can take that extra breath without feeling guilty; I hoped that by blogging about some of our “adventures”, parents reading would be able to relate and know that they are not alone.
10. Anything on your bucket list you’d like to share?
I don’t have anything written down per se. I love, LOVE this song by Tim McGraw. The message pretty much says it all for me…
11. What is the craziest thing you have ever done that you are willing to admit to doing?
Crazy or embarrassing? Same thing right? I guess singing in one of those recording glass booths at Expo86 with 2 friends. Passerbyers were treated to our alcohol-infused rendition of “That’s What Friends Are For”. Enough said.
Here is who I am tagging with the “Liebster”:
Being the rebel that I am and in the interest of saving time…here are my random questions for my taggees:
1. Red, white, rose or sparkling wine?
2. Fast food or fine dining?
3. Order in, cook at home or eat out?
4. Do you consider “walking around the grocery store” exercise?
5. What type(s) of social networking do you use?
6. iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Flip, or Landline only?
7. Mac or PC?
8. Left or right handed?
9. Naturally curly or straight hair?
10. Is your fridge freezer on the top or bottom?
11. Finally…What is your most annoying bad habit?
YOU DID IT!!! Woooo-hoooooo...Time to Celebrate!!!