Friday 18 May 2012

Absolutely To.Die.For Desserts!

I belong to a book club that meets once a month. You can read all about us and our monthly picks in the tab "Book Club Books" across the top. Our hostess of this month's meeting treated us to a couple of absolutely TO.DIE.FOR desserts! I'm always looking for new recipes so I'm hoping to start a section (this will be a work in progress) with some of my favourites.

I have yet to try making these 2 recipes myself since it was only the other night but I think this will be on my list of things to do for this long weekend. Yummers!

Rolo Cookies

2 ½ cups (590 mL) Flour
¾ cup (180 mL) Cocoa
1 teaspoon (5 mL) Baking soda
1 cup (240 mL) White sugar
1 cup (240 mL) Brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup (240 mL) Butter, softened
2 teaspoons (10 mL) Vanilla
2 Eggs
70 to 75 Rolo Candies (7-8 packages)

Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda.
In a separate bowl, beat sugar and butter and add vanilla and eggs.
Stir in flour /cocoa mixture. Chill dough for 1 hour.
Shape about 1 ½ teaspoons (7 mL) of dough around a Rolo, making sure it is completely covered. 
Place on ungreased cookie sheet and chill for 1 hour.
Bake 7 to 8 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
Cool on wire rack.
Optional: when cool, drizzle with melted white chocolate and garnish with a nut.
(Makes 75 cookies)


Cream Cheese Stuffed Strawberries

8 oz cream cheese (I used the light, spreadable version)
3 or 4 Tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment