Monday 19 December 2011

Monday Meltdown

Remember how excited I was on Saturday morning that school was out for the holidays?  Well it’s only Monday night and I’m thinking perhaps having an entire week off before Christmas isn’t such a great idea after all.  R’s patience is wearing thin already.  In his mind…school’s out; the holidays are here; he has been “waiting patiently to open his presents” long enough. 

Now there is only so much a person can handle before one loses it.  Who knows exactly when, where, how or why it happens?  It just does and of course you are never prepared.  Tonight was one of those nights…unfortunately it was me who cracked.  I mean I knew R was a little cranky tonight.  Why didn’t I just bite my tongue and leave the kitchen after he grumbled at me.  Nooooooooooo. 

Instead I have to prove what a good actor I am.  Whatever R did, I did exactly the same thing.  He yelled at me…I yelled at him.  He slapped the counter…I slapped the counter.  He used his angry voice…I used my angry voice.  He called me stupid and told me to shut up…I called him stupid and told him to shut up.  At about this point I got his attention.  He was definitely caught off guard and responded with “Hey, that’s not nice.” 

I mentioned before how much I love the holiday season.  I consider myself lucky enough to be shopping for presents, thinking about cooking a turkey dinner with all the trimmings and enjoying some lots of holiday cheer with good friends and family.  We all have different kinds of stress and all manage it differently.  Tonight Riley and I both got out our frustrations and came away relatively unscathed (I got a little carried away slapping the granite counter).  Ouch.  If I were to be perfectly honest…I felt pretty relaxed afterwards.  ;P

6 more sleeps…D


No comments:

Post a Comment